The Illinois Lamb & Wool Producers
Press Release: February 1, 2019 - Illinois Lamb & Wool Producers
Join the Illinois Lamb & Wool Producers for an informative program and annual meeting Saturday March 16th. The event will be held at the University of Illinois, Champaign, IL, Stock Pavilion, 1402 W Pennsylvania Ave., Urbana, IL. Registration begins at 8:30 am.
The program includes informative topics for those who have raised sheep for many years and those new to sheep production. Several different topics will be discussed by industry experts as well as current sheep producers.
- Dr. Shipley from the University of Illinois will discuss sheep health related issues including wormers, detection of common illnesses such as pneumonia.
- Dr. Josh MaCann, professor of animal science at the University of Illinois will present topics related to nutrition for sheep.
- The Champaign Urbana Spinning and Weaving guild will give a demonstration “sheep to shawl” competition.
After the program, lunch will be served. During lunch producers from various areas of the industry will be available to talk to new producers. This conference is an excellent way for new producers to meet others in the industry and get helpful information. Talk to your neighbor, bring a friend!
The annual meeting for the Illinois Lamb and Wool Producers will also be held. All producers are encouraged to attend and give their ideas to assist the organization. At the meeting the ILWP will be electing officers and directors. New members are encouraged to participate
Plan now to attend this once a year event. It is an excellent opportunity to learn practical information to help make your sheep production successful.
The Illinois Sheep and Wool Marketing Board annual meeting will be held around 2:00 pm
In addition, there will be a silent auction and many door prizes.
Registration is $20 for adults, $10 for children and students. The registration fee includes lunch. For more information contact Dick Cobb at 217-333-7351 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Jane Zeien at 815-544-9582 or email@example.com.
Support our Industry and Illinois Lamb and Wool
by becoming an
Affiliate Member Today!
Click Here for Member Registration Form
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
For more information on sheep production please contact
one of our Mentors via the link on the left.
Illinois Lamb & Wool Producers Dues Renewal Form is available by clicking on the link below. Please Support YOUR Industry
The Objectives of the Illinois Lamb & Wool Producers, Inc.
- To Promote, strengthen and advance the Sheep Industry in Illinois and the nation.
- To encourage Illinois producers to be progressive and up-to-date and make maximum use of recommended production practices as they are developed.
- To encourage the production of prolific, quality sheep in both commercial and purebred flocks.
- To increase the involvement and education of youth in both sheep production and the Illinois Sheep Industry.
- To promote the marketing of high quality lamb and wool products.
illinoissheep.net would like to welcome any business to become a website advertiser. They can also be found on our links page. Please take a moment and visit our sponsor websites.
Calendar of Events
If you have calendar events that need to be listed on our site please contact
Jane Zeien (815-544-9582 or firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Build this Feeder Plans Below
Sheep Feeder Instructions
Page 1, 2, 3, 4